Red, white, and blue construction paper
This craft is simple for young children but still fun. This teaches them patience, color patterns, and counting. It is also a great way to teach them about the importance of Memorial Day.
1. Get each piece of construction paper and divide it into 6 equal parts horizontally with a ruler and pencil.
2. Draw one vertical line down the middle of each paper.
5. Link another blue strip to the first loop you made
3. Cut on the lines to get strips.
4. Start with the blue strips. Fold a blue strip and glue the ends.
6. Continue this process so that you have 3 blue and 5 red loops linked together.
7. Make another 8 loop link with 3 blue and 5 white loops.
8. Create an 8 loop link with 8 red loops.
9. Create an 8 loop link with 8 white loops.
10. Use the pipe cleaner to connect one side together.
Subscribe to my blog and newsletter and be entered to win a $10 Amazon gift card.
My Mantra: Strive to be the best me and improve a little every day. Be compassionate, especially to those who may not practice it. Continue to learn and love. Take a moment multiple times each day to breathe. Forgive myself and forgive others. Read books. Live what I preach. Accept others. And above all, laugh every single day. (P.S. I have an infatuation for horror and disturbing and dark true stories.)